Last year I got a Jawbone UP24 for my birthday. For the first few months I was motivated to be more active and regularly checked my steps against my goals but my motivation soon waned.
Then in October 2014 I bought a Withings Smart Body Analyzer / Internet Connected Weighing Scales with the intention of blogging how I was going to lose tons of weight by using the latest technology to keep me motivated.
However I got busy with other things work, parenting, avoiding getting fit.
Now it’s 10 month later, and I’m committed to getting this started.
Check in at Start of Program:
Weight Today, 29th August 2014 : 79.5kg (12 stone 9 lbs in old money)
Goal Weight: 70kg by Jan 2016
I’m going to use the following apps and devices to track, measure, and motivate
- Google Fit
- Withings Health Mate app for Smartphones
- This WordPress Blog to diary and get support
- Jawbone UP24 (Awaiting replacement from Amazon)
So the plan for Month 1 is to:
- Be More Active – Set a benchmark to start from before moving to a fitness program , I’ve no idea how many steps I currently take per day.
- Eat more Healthy Foods – A Nutribullet smoothie a day
- Drink less/no beer – Craft beer is still beer
I’ll be keeping the blog updated as to my progress, so comment below to let me know what you think, or if there is any questions that I can answer for you.